Emergency Electrical Service In Philadelphia
If you’re experiencing an emergency and require urgent emergency electrical assistance outside of regular business hours, Call Golden Electrical Service now at 267-577-0550!
When a severe electrical problem arises, it’s crucial to have a professional address it immediately. That’s why Golden Electrical Service offers 24/7 emergency electrical services in and around Philadelphia, PA. Because your electrical system is primarily hidden within the walls and structure of your home, it can sometimes be challenging to know if your electrical problem is an emergency. Below are common problems that we can address with our emergency electrical services.
What Are Electrical Emergencies?
Any electrical issue that concerns you can warrant an emergency call to the Golden Electrical Service team. Any electrical problem that makes you reluctant to leave your workplace or hesitant to go to sleep at your home is urgent. Never hesitate to give us a call. We can help you decide if you need immediate emergency service (or if you have the option to wait until tomorrow) and send our expert electricians to you.
Watch for these warning signs that you need emergency electrical services ASAP:
- Flickering lights
- Loose or frayed electrical wiring
- Smoke coming from outlets, devices, or wiring
- Black markings on or around your electrical outlets
- Burned-out indoor and outdoor lighting
- Burning smell near an outlet or breaker/electrical panel
- Electrical panel getting hot or humming
- Sparks or popping sounds when touching or plugging in appliances
- Outlets that feel warm or hot to the touch
- Feeling an electric shock when touching switches or outlets
- Circuit breaker and electrical panel issues, such as repeated tripping
- Power outage in very hot or very cold weather
- Or any other electrical concerns or wiring problems
Don’t risk a house fire, serious injury, or damage to your Philadelphia-area home or business! We’ll soon restore safe power to your residential or commercial location.
Circuit Breaker Replacement
Your home’s circuit breaker is critical to your entire electrical system. If it’s not working as it should be, it’s not only an inconvenience but a real danger to everyone in your home. Below are signs you need a professional to complete an emergency circuit breaker replacement:
- Circuit breaker trips constantly
- The circuit breaker is hot to the touch
- There’s a burning smell coming from the breaker panel
- You can see visible damage, such as burned metal or frayed wires
- You can hear buzzing, hissing, or popping noises from the breakers
Although you may not realize it, your electrical outlets have a life span like other essential aspects of your home. Typically, they function optimally for about 10 years. If your outlets are older than that, you may start to notice signs that they need to be replaced, such as:
- They’re not feeding power to your device
- Visible burn marks or melted plastic
- The outlet is cracked or chipped
- Burning odor or outlet is over-heating
- The outlet is not grounded
- Burned-out Parking Lot Lights
Adequate parking lot lighting is important for safety. If your commercial property’s parking lot lights are burned out, Golden Electrical Service can get them replaced quickly and efficiently.
In addition to the services listed above, we also offer the following electrical services:
- Residential security lighting
- Residential wiring
- Residential electrical code corrections
- Commercial underground wiring
- Commercial light pole repair
- Commercial computer circuitry
Circuit breakers trip when the circuit is overloaded or when there is a short from the hot wire to neutral or ground. Shorts trip the breaker immediately, while it may take time for an overloaded circuit to trip. Remove one device at a time to reduce the load, and if the circuit still trips often, it may indicate more severe problems. Call the Golden Electrical Service team for in-depth troubleshooting and electrical repairs.
An overloaded circuit can allow the wires inside your wall to heat up and start a fire. Most household circuits are rated at 15 amps, and if you exceed that significantly, the circuit breaker should trip. To calculate the load on a circuit, add up the amperage for all the devices connected, and be aware that inductive loads like motors can draw anywhere from 2 to 10 times the current for a brief moment at startup. Avoid using extension cords or outlet strips, and if you need to, make sure they have rated appropriately for the devices connected to them. To prevent overloads, consider adding more circuits with help from our team at Golden Electrical Service.
If you love doing everything yourself, you might be tempted to handle your electrical work on your own. However, it’s not only dangerous, but it can even be illegal if you don’t have a permit. Shoddy electrical repairs can lead to fires, electrocution, and device failure, so it’s not worth the risk. Just give us a call!
Smart homes are taking the world by storm. They allow you to access your appliances and lighting from anywhere in the world. This saves you money on excessive electricity bills, so it’s worth the investment. Smart wiring is the industry’s standard installation. It gives you the foundation you need to build smart products in your home. An accredited smart wired installer is the only professional licensed to perform this work.
A safety check ensures that your property is safe after years of potential neglect. It should be performed every five years. If you’re unsure about any of your installations, an electrical inspection will ease your fears. You should also request one if you’re moving into a home that’s over 25 years old in Philadelphia. This process will test the safety of your circuits and identify overloading.
Golden Electrical Service is a locally-owned and operated business in the Philly area dedicated to offering reliable and high-quality electrical services. With 8 years of experience under our belt, we have made a name for ourselves as the leading electrical contractor for any residential or commercial installation and repairs.
- Exceptional service and high-quality products
- Punctual, experienced, and licensed electricians
- Largest fleet of bucket trucks in the Mid-Atlantic
- Affordable services and promotions
For all your electrical emergency repairs in Philadelphia, PA, contact Golden Electrical Service at 267-577-0550 or contact us online.